TUNING YOUR RIG with BRION TOSS
Total running time: 75 minutes
Legendary Master Rigger, Brion Toss of Port Townsend, Washington gives a thorough introduction to the mysteries of rig tuning.
Using his friendly and engaging style, Brion bebins with an orientation of wire rope properties that regular sailors can understand.
Next, he uses his dynamic bungee rig model to demonstrate basic rig tuning principles.
Back on the dock, Brion demos dockside tuning on four different boats from simple rigs to more complex. As he tunes, Brion introduces three different methods to measure rig tension, and the simple but critical Toss Turnbuckle Tightening Technique.
For the final segment, Brion takes you sailing on the most complex of the four rigs to demonstrate dynamic tuning on the water.
Main topics includes:
* Orientation to wire rope properties
* Brion Toss' famous Bungee rig demonstration to
show the principles of rig tuning
* Dockside tuning on four cruising yachts, each
showing a different rig configuration
* Demonstration of three methods to measure rig
* The Toss Turnbuckle Tightening Technique
* On the water dynamic tuning demonstration
Other sailing and rigging titles in the Brion Toss series:
"Inspecting Your Rig"
"Splicing Wire Rope"
"Fancy Rope Work"